2nd June 2013
The London to Brighton Run is a non-competitive scenic tour open to classic, kit and modern day sports cars. A chance to spend a great day out with like-minded enthusiasts, many of whom join us year after year!
Comments from last year participants:
25th London to Brighton Classic Car Run – 2nd June 2013
- Great Run - best ever and we have done 23 of them! – N. F. (Classic Run)
- Absolutely loved Brooklands Museum and a very enjoyable and well-planned route – M.W. (Kit & Sports Run)
A chance to join fellow classic car enthusiasts on a great day out!
Enjoy a leisurely drive to the coast through some of the South East's most picturesque villages. Starting from Brooklands Museum where participants will have time to explore the fantastic motoring village and see the remains of the famous banked circuit before being waved off with the Union Flag in front of the clubhouse. Follow the easy to use tulip style route guide to your organised stopping point for refreshments before making your way to Brighton. In Brighton you will celebrate our silver anniversary in style with a traditional afternoon tea at Brighton Racecourse and a short award ceremony to include best period dressed participants, longest distance travelled and a few other surprises on the day.
All cars over 25 years old are eligible and last year our oldest car on the run was a 1927 Austin Seven Chummy, whilst at the newer end of the classic spectrum we were joined by some of the iconic cars of the 80's.
- This year we have two run options for the classics, a short run approx. 60 miles for the thirstier or older vehicles which will be stopping at the beautiful National Trust Sheffield Park and Garden or a longer run of approx.100 miles to the historic village of Chiddingstone and Chiddingstone Castle in Kent. Whichever run you choose a VIP welcome awaits you with free entry to both venues.
13th London to Brighton Kit & Sports Car Run – 2nd June 2013
Open to all modern day sports cars and kit & replica cars.
Starting at Brooklands Museum where you will be flagged off by our surprise 'celebrity' in front of Concorde. You will take a different route to the classic runs and follow your easy to use tulip style route book along specially selected roads to get the most enjoyment out of your car. A stop for refreshments at Parham House in Sussex with entry into the gardens included, giving you time to meet other owners and enjoy a well-earned break before making your way on Brighton Racecourse to join the classic runs for a traditional afternoon tea.
All kit, sports and replica cars are welcome to join us - no age limits!
All run participants receive:-
- A commemorative numbered rally board.
- Entry to Brooklands Museum and stopping points.
- Tulip style route book and list of entrants.
- Personalised certificate of participation for the driver.
- Commemorative solid brass rally plaque.
- Traditional afternoon tea including sandwiches, cakes and scones at Brighton Racecourse.
- Plus the experience of taking part in one of the most impressive displays of vintage, classic, sports and kit cars in the country!
For those of you who would like to make it a weekend event we have special rates at hotels at the start and finish points with discounted entry to the museum on Saturday and an optional BBQ get together on Saturday evening plus an after run party on Sunday in Brighton.
Price for driver and navigator £89.50. - Additional passengers can be accommodated at supplementary charge.